TSI Terminal Systems Inc. is Canada's largest marine container terminal operator with a world-wide reputation for going further for our customers, our community and our employees. We offer rewarding and challenging opportunities for team-oriented individuals who demonstrate initiative and go the extra mile to achieve our goals. We have an opportunity for a Business Support Analyst in a senior capacity in our Business Support Services Department at our Head office, located in Vancouver.
The Business Support Analyst is responsible for strategic analysis, planning, business case development, process mapping and work flow, leading projects, testing coordination and system configuration.
The Business Support Analyst will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to support the implementation process and to ensure that project deliverables are met according to specifications.
Other responsibilities include:
• Working with business leaders to foster a culture of continuous improvement by understanding and analyzing current business processes; identifying challenges; prioritizing; and executing opportunities for process improvement.
• Conducting benchmarking studies to determine targets and goals for business processes.
• Identifying metrics and assisting the organization with setting up dashboard and metrics collection systems.
• Delivering presentations to all levels of management.
• Coaching and mentoring employees in the understanding and application of process-improvement tools and methodologies such as Six Sigma.
• Defining and documenting standards and operational procedures.
• Preparing detailed project plans.
• Responding proactively to user issues and providing high level support
• Preparing and coordinating system testing for production upgrades and related communications as needed
• Rotating after hours on-call support
You bring with you the following skills, knowledge and experience:
• Degree in business or a related field, an MBA would be an asset.
• 5-7 years experience in leading projects
• 5 years experience in process improvement.
• Experience in application of process-improvement methodologies and a proven track record delivering significant business performance improvements.
• Excellent team-building skills, including the ability to foster cross-team learning.
• Strong communication and facilitation skills
• Must be detail oriented, organized and able to work on several projects at one time.
• Experience developing test plans and coordinating each level of testing.
• Knowledge of Container Shipping Industry and specifically Navis SPARCS and Express or Navis N4 applications would be an asset as well as previous experience in an operations environment.
• The successful candidate will
o Look for challenges -- you don't wait for them to come to you.
o Take ownership of all aspects of your work
o Be a team player with an independent voice.
• Model the Way -- Leaders find their voice by clarifying their personal values and expressing then in a style that is authentically their own, and they set the example by aligning actions with shared values.
• Inspire a Shared Vision - Leaders passionately believe that they can make a difference. They envision the future, creating an ideal and unique image of what the organization can become.
• Challenge the Process -- Leaders search for opportunities be seeking innovative ways to change, grow, and improve. They also experiment and take risks by constantly generating small wins and learning from mistakes.
• Enable Others to Act -- Leaders foster collaboration by promoting cooperative goals and building trust. They strengthen others by sharing power and discretion.
• Encourage the Heart -- Leaders recognize contributions by showing appreciation for individual excellence. They also celebrate values and victories by creating spirit of community.
How to apply
Please visit our website: www.tsi.bc.ca and apply using our online application form.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.